- Are there laundry facilities?
- Most hotels offer a laundry service, however it can sometimes be costly. Alternatively, some cities offer a Laundromats.
- What is the seating for the Edinburgh Military Tattoo?
- Edinburgh Tattoo tickets are generally in Section 3, however they are subject to change. Please refer to the seating plan at www.edintattoo.co.uk. Note: Different Section options are not available.
- How can I contact friends and family?
Most of our ultramodern Globus motorcoaches now offer free wireless Internet connection for browsing online. So, as you're enjoying your tour, you can share your experience with friends and relatives back home... and it's at no cost! Wireless service is not always available in certain countries and regions, however, most hotels may offer free Wifi for contacting friends and family back home. Please check with concierge for more information on this service.
On tour, hotels will either have telephones available in-room or at reception. Any such call charges will be billed to your room.
Mobile phones are often the easiest way to contact friends and family, however it can be costly. You should check international calling and text rates with your cell phone provider and disable data roaming. Alternatively, an international cell phone and purchasing a prepaid SIM card can help control yours costs.
- How is seating determined on the coach?
- Globus offer daily rotation of seating, which gives everyone a variety of views fairly throughout the duration of your holiday. Please note in fairness to all passengers, we cannot accommodate any individual requests for specific seating.
- Are there bathrooms on the motorcoach?
Please be advised that our touring coaches are contracted from a coach touring company. As such, we are unable to advise whether the specific coach used on this tour will be fitted with a toilet. If there is a toilet on board, we are unable to confirm that it will be able to be utilised. This is due to the lack of disposal facilities in many of the destinations travelled to on our tours. We do, however, ensure our tours are planned with plenty of rest stops, so that clients are rarely inconvenienced. These generally occur every 1.5 to 2 hours.
- Is smoking allowed on the coach?
Smoking is not permitted on board the coach. We do make regular stops along the way which allows you the opportunity to smoke outside if you wish.
- Must I know native languages of the countries I am visiting?
It is not essential to speak languages other than English. Generally, Tour Directors are multilingual and will be able to communicate with the locals on your behalf.
- What can I expect on a Globus tour?
Globus tours are our first class tours which are designed so that our clients can enjoy more included sights, more conveniently located higher standard hotels, and more included meals. The key ‘must-see’ sights of the cities visited as well as the services of local guides are included in the tour price rather than offered as optional excursions as with Cosmos. Of course this is all reflected in the higher tour price. However some clients prefer a first class product such as Globus, rather than our value touring product Cosmos. We have designed these two different products to ensure we can satisfy all clients’ touring preferences.
- What can my London Host offer me?
Unlike other tour operators Globus has 50 hosts located at the airport and in each of our London hotels, so you only have to walk to the lobby not half way across London for assistance. Your host is there to help you with all your questions on London, they will provide you with maps, directions and a wide range of tours to ensure you see the best of London. Whether it be a city orientation tour, or dinner and a West End show your host will provide you with all the information and assistance you require.