PLEASE NOTE: PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE THE COST OF FLIGHTS WITHIN THIS ITINERARY
Eclectic temples and imposing forts. Pristine wildlife refuges and lively metropolises. Pink cities and golden triangles. Fairytale monuments and tantalising cuisine. There’s no better introduction to India and Nepal than this incredible Independence by Globus journey. Tour bustling Mumbai, witness its tiffin lunch box delivery system, and visit the former residence of Mahatma Gandhi. You’ll also explore the Elephanta Caves, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. In Udaipur, explore the Jagdish Temple and take a sunset boat ride on Lake Pichola.
In the capital city of Delhi, enjoy a rickshaw ride through the famed Chandni Chowk bazaar—a market that’s been around for more than three centuries. Spend time here shopping for exotic spices, gold, fabrics, and a host of trinkets and souvenirs. You’ll also visit Gurudwara Bangla Sahib, the largest Sikh house of worship in Delhi; and explores the lavish, 16th-century garden-tomb of Mughal Emperor Humayun (a precursor to the Taj Mahal). Southeast in Agra, be sure your cameras fully charged for your private guided sightseeing tour that begins with a truly unforgettable sunrise visit to the incomparable Taj Mahal. Then, visit the ancient red sandstone Agra Fort, which guarded the imperial city of the Moghul rulers. In the “Pink City” of Jaipur, your private sightseeing takes you to the amazing Amber Fort with the glittering walls and ceilings in the Sheesh Mahal (Mirror Palace), the City Palace, and the fascinating bigger-than-life Jantar Mantar astronomical observatories.
On to Nepal and the treasures of Kathmandu. Soar above the Himalayas to see Mount Everest and journey to Bouddhanath, Nepal’s largest stupa. Other visits include Hanuman Dhoka, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and the Temple of Kumari, residence of the Living Goddess, a child thought to be the reincarnation of a Hindu goddess. In Chitwan National Park, safari is the name of the game. Embark on game activities in search of a variety of wildlife including rhino, tiger, leopard, and elephant. You’ll also have a chance to visit a local village and take in a fascinating cultural performance.
- Transportation: Private vehicle for all sightseeing and transfer from Delhi to Agra/Agra to Jaipur; Chitwan National Park area: shared open-air 4-wheel-drive safari vehicle and boat; private transfers to/from airport for all intra-holiday flights; intra-holiday flights and taxes not included.
- Guides: Local Host in each city; experienced naturalist on safari in the Chitwan National Park
- All game viewing is done at your own risk. We will require a signed liability waiver prior to travel.
- The Taj Mahal is closed on Fridays. In these instances, it will be visited in the morning prior to transferring to Jaipur.
- Elephanta Caves is closed on Mondays. Mumbai sightseeing days will be flipped in these instances.