Livin’ la Pura Vida! This philosophy of the pure life in Costa Rica is also a common greeting you’ll hear on your Independence by Globus tour. From the mind-blowing lava trails and soul-soothing thermal springs of the Arenal Volcano region to the lush tropical forests in the clouds of Monteverde, you’ll encounter pure nature of Costa Rica’s rich and resplendent flora and fauna found nowhere else on earth. Explore Tortuguero National Park to navigate the pristine waterways where turtles nest amid nature at its best. Put your head in the clouds in the Monteverde Cloud Forest, home to over 3,000 plant species, some 120 mammal species, 400 bird species, and 1,200 species of amphibians and reptiles. Add a dose of I-time to immerse yourself in Costa Rican culture and cuisine in San José, and you’re living your best life, indeed!
- Transportation: As outlined in the day-by-day itinerary
- On day 2, guests will transfer by land and boat to Tortuguero.
- On day 4, guests will return by boat and car from Tortuguero to Guapiles and then continue on to Arenal.
- Some transportation segments may be shared with other travellers.
- Guides: In San José; Naturalist in Tortuguero
Please note: Itinerary is based on 2024, and is subject to change. Full details will be confirmed in 2024.