Redirect your train of thought on this epic rail journey across captivating Canada. Nestled in your first-class, art deco train car aboard VIA Rail’s The Canadian, you can cruise and snooze your way through five picturesque provinces – although you won’t want to miss a moment of the panoramic scenery outside your window. After feeling the energy of Toronto and the mist of Niagara Falls, you’ll board your premier transcontinental train to chug past the sparkling lakes of Ontario, the golden prairies of Manitoba, the winding rivers of Saskatchewan, and the sun-dappled forests of Alberta. But the journey doesn’t conclude at the end of the line. You’ll continue by luxury motorcoach to the most beautiful national parks of the Canadian Rockies, including Jasper, Banff, Yoho, and Glacier National Park. Roast s’mores at a riverside barbecue in historic Kamloops before s’more fun in the British-infused city of Victoria and the multicultural metropolis of Vancouver. Keep the journey going by adding a leisurely Alaska cruise to your grand tour of Canada. While your ship will sail through the glacial beauty of the Inside Passage, Tracy Arm, and Glacier Bay National Park, you’ll personally cruise through several exciting ports of call, including the capital city of Juneau, the gold rush town of Skagway, and totem-pole-dotted Ketchikan.
We’ve packed everything you need for the perfect holiday—from hand-selected hotels and dining to the friendly expertise of Globus Tour Directors and Local Guides, to seamless transportation between destinations and VIP access to the world’s most iconic sites! Touring by private, first-class, air-conditioned motorcoach with free Wi-Fi.
- Your Train: Accommodations on the train are in private Sleeper Plus service, featuring premium service, exquisite cuisine highlighting regional dishes, and exclusive access to stylish lounges with local artists and music. Beds in the cabin are arranged by day in armchair style, and by night, beds are converted to upper and lower bunk bed-style arrangement requiring one guest to climb a ladder to reach the upper bed.
- Operation of the Niagara Falls sightseeing cruise is subject to favorable weather and/or river conditions. Favorable conditions usually exist from May to mid-October. When weather is unfavorable, a walking tour through the scenic tunnels will be substituted.
- Due to the frequent use of this railroad for other services, delays may occur during the journey.
- One guest will be required to climb a ladder to reach the upper berth in a double cabin.
- Visiting and participating in activities in this region may be subject to favourable weather conditions.
- The included sightseeing and overnight in Vancouver will occur post-cruise.
- At least one member of the travelling party must be 21 years of age or older.