PLEASE NOTE: PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE THE COST OF FLIGHTS WITHIN THIS ITINERARY
If your independent spirit is filling your dreams with new heights in adventure, just point your compass south to soar higher in the Andes and the heart of Peru. This Independence by Globus holiday in South America takes you to the legendary sites in Lima, Cusco, and magnificent Machu Picchu – the “Lost City of the Incas.” Board a train to ascend to this treasured site, with the opportunity to watch the sunrise over Machu Picchu. Explore a wealth of ancient ruins throughout the Sacred Valley and Cusco that defy explanation and encounter the captivating cultures that live on in the Sacred Valley. Timeless temples, textiles, and tantalising dishes are all on the menu on this free-spirited sojourn in Peru, including the I-time you crave to explore on your own. Your South American adventure continues with a thrilling expedition in the Peruvian Amazon. From Puerto Maldonado, embark on a motorboat ride for a journey up the Tambopata River to your Amazon Jungle lodge. You’ll be in good hands in the company of an expert Naturalist Guide while discovering the dazzling array of flora and fauna in the Amazon. A technicolour dream come true!
- Transportation: As outlined in the day-by-day itinerary below and private airport transfers to/from intra-holiday flights; intra-holiday flights not included.
- Guides: In Lima, Cusco & Machu Picchu; Naturalist in Peru's Amazon
- For your overnight stays in the Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu, you will only be allowed to bring an overnight bag weighing no more than 5kgs due to luggage restrictions on the train. Your main luggage will be stored at the Cusco hotel where you will return for an additional overnight.
- The Hacienda Concepcion is a rustic lodge in the middle of the rainforest. Travelers should be in relatively fit shape without walking difficulties. Rooms have ceiling fans but do not have air conditioning - the rooms are screened in to allow you to hear the surrounding rainforest. Also, electricity is shut off between 11 pm and 4 am. At night, each room is provided kerosene lanterns and flashlights. This is a truly unique experience in the middle of the Amazon Rain forest with wildlife everywhere and educated guides to bring this area to life for you. Due to weight and space limitations on the boat transfer to the lodge, passenger luggage is limited to 25 pounds (11kg) per person.
- Maximum enjoyment of this holiday requires walking on cobblestone streets, uneven pathways, and climbing stairs. Elevations exceeding 10,000 feet can make even modest exertion a challenge. Maximum elevation on this tour is 12,000 ft.