Love a good mystery? This 15-day holiday to Peru is the perfect escape to delve into the world’s most intriguing lost and found story. Featuring not one, but two days behind the misty gates of Machu Picchu, this below-the-equator tour takes you high into the Andes and deeper inside the Lost City of the Incas to unearth its centuries-old secrets. Navigating the cryptic maze of trails, temples, and terraces in the world’s most famous forgotten city is one for the memory books. Other great finds on this tantalising tour of Peru? Up-close encounters with llamas, alpacas, and other Sacred Valley locals; vibrant, handwoven textiles in the former Inca Empire capital of Cusco; bold, multicultural cuisine in the foodie capital of Lima; and a warm welcome inside a traditional family home for an authentic taste of Peruvian hospitality. There’s more to squawk about when you combine the wonder of the Andes with the wilderness of the Amazon. Canopy walks, canoe rides, and higher speed motorboat jaunts offer varying perspectives of the macaws, monkeys, and myriad of other rainforest creatures you’ll discover when you start your tour of Peru in the Amazon. Craving a deeper Peruvian experience? Add the Colca Canyon and Arequipa to your Peru holiday. Twice as deep as the Grand Canyon, Colca Canyon is the second deepest canyon in the world. Enjoy the spectacular views below while the giant condor soars above. A visit to the “White City” of Arequipa, built from white volcanic rock, promises more dramatic views.
- We’ve packed everything you need for the perfect holiday—from hand-selected hotels and dining to the friendly expertise of Globus Tour Directors and Local Guides, to seamless transportation between destinations and VIP access to the world’s most iconic sites!
- Touring by private, air-conditioned motorcoach, intra-tour flights. Free Wi-Fi (where available)
- Maximum enjoyment of this holiday requires walking on cobblestone streets, uneven pathways, and climbing stairs. Elevations exceeding 10,000 feet can make even modest exertion a challenge. Maximum elevation on this tour is 16,000 ft.
- For your overnight stay in Machu Picchu, you will only be allowed to bring an overnight bag weighing no more than 11 pounds due to luggage restrictions on the train. Your main luggage will be stored at the Cusco hotel where you will return for an overnight the following night.
- People should be in relatively good shape to visit Arequipa and Colca Canyon due to high altitudes. Arequipa is approx. 7,808 feet and the road to Colca Valley has mountain passes which are approx. 16,000 ft. In Colca, where guests will overnight, the altitude is approx. 11,800 ft.
- The Hacienda Concepcion is a rustic lodge in the middle of the rainforest. Travellers should be in relatively fit shape without walking difficulties. Rooms have ceiling fans but do not have air conditioning - the rooms are screened in to allow you to hear the surrounding rainforest. Also, electricity is shut off between 11 pm and 4 am. At night, each room is provided kerosene lanterns and flashlights. This is a truly unique experience in the middle of the Amazon Rain forest with wildlife everywhere and educated guides to bring this area to life for you. Due to weight and space limitations on the boat transfer to the lodge, passenger luggage is limited to 25 pounds (11kg) per person.